Saturday, February 10, 2007

Poverty & Mar-a-Lago




This is how the poor people live. An example of a poor family we help. No latrines, plastic stretched over poles.







This is how the rich people live. One of the bathrooms at Mar-a-Lago. Gold sinks. Italian marble counters. Gilded mirrors. Two chandeliers in the bathroom.
It was a fascinating night. I'm wiped. Will post later. I hope we raised enough money to build lots of homes for people like those in the first photo...
Yes, I actually took my camera out and took a photo of the bathroom. :-)

3 comments:

Jen said...

Such a big difference. The gold in one of those sinks would gain enough money on ebay to do that family (above) some good.

It's hard to tell, but it doesn't look like the sinks have those automatic faucets that turn on by motion sensors. Except that they don't always turn on when you want them to, that's pretty luxurious to me.

Kathy said...

Oh heck, I've got two exactly like theirs....er, the hand soap that is!

Bonnie Vanak said...

Jen, the sinks weren't automatic. Twist taps. I hate the automatic sinks for that same reason you mention. You have to wave your hands in front of them to get them to work.

Kathy, I think I had hand soap like that once. LOL!