Sunday, March 25, 2007

Ritas, life, taxes

I'm very very happy, even though I'm cranky and depressed. Does that make sense?

First, why I'm happy. I'm thrilled and very very excited b/c two very good author friends got THE CALL that they finaled in the RITA's!!!!!!!!! OMG, I'm sooooooo excited for both of them. I was thrilled to hear about one, but two of my friends? This is terrific news! They're both splendid, damn good authors and it's about time they got this nod. I know how hard they've worked, and how talented they are. They're both in separate categories so I can cheer them on in both!!!

Why I'm cranky and depressed... I'm home all day doing taxes. It's a nightmare. A living nightmare. And I'm just very tired, and have to work tomorrow at the day job and it's my boss' last week. I keep telling myself it will be okay and will work out. Sure, right. I did get the proposal in the mail that I needed to send out and I think it's time to take a break from writing and the internet. Just a few days, maybe. Concentrate on getting these &#*@&#* taxes done and family stuff. And maybe ME for a change.

Plus it's coming up to the anniversary of when we discovered Tia was dying of liver cancer. Yeah, I guess some would think it's silly of me to get sad over that... but Tia was more than my dog. I still miss her.

Back to the real world, taxes. Sigh...

2 comments:

Jen said...

Taxes suck. I don't blame you, if you take some time away from the Internet. It's useful for so many things, yet sometimes it seems like it keeps you from so much.

Missing Tia is not silly. Screw anyone who thinks it is. Pets are better than people.

FerfeLaBat said...

I completely understand.