Saturday, April 21, 2007

Waldenbooks


Sad... Borders made the announcement last month they are closing 250 Waldenbooks stores (lots of malls) and converting their international stores to franchises. They're revamping. Have to. Business is down. Borders has 1,200 stores globally. One of my favorite Waldenbooks, where I loved doing signings, closed a few years ago. The manager was top notch, loved to read romance and promote it. Sigh...

The indies are also suffering... it's tough out there in bookland. I love independent bookstores, both used and new. The sellers are friendly and have this incredible knowledge of romance titles and authors, The service is personal.

In other news, here's more eye candy to round out a depressing news week... lift your spirits. Yee haw. Ride 'em, cowboy. Wonder what he'd look like in JUST the chaps...

2 comments:

carrie_lofty said...

He'd probably look the tiniest bit silly with this willy hanging out. :)

Thank you for your continued public service. Eye candy much appreciated.

Jen said...

Well, I wouldn't mind his willy hanging out. :D I'd love to put my arms around his muscular torso.

I honestly worry that books will "go out of style." It truly saddens me that fewer people read these days, and worries me as a hopeful future author. The book stores, especially the indie ones, are a treasure I will hate to see lost.