Saturday, March 1, 2008

Cajun heartburn

Crazy year and it's only March 1. Finished two, no three, big projects on my plate. ENEMY LOVER, my next Nocturne, is approved by my editor. No release date yet. I turned in my Nocturne Bite and just mailed out yesterday a proposal for Nocturne. We'll see what happens.

In the meantime, I'm still sighing over Rafe and Emily, the couple I wrote about in the proposal. Rafe is a hot Cajun and loves those spices. I'm listening to hot Cajun music now. Professor Longhair, Beau Soleil (they rock!) and thinking of New Orleans, magick, music and good times. Rafe rides a Harley, wears black leather and oozes charm. He adores a pinch of Cajun spice with his dinner.

Me? I had horrid stomach problems this week that flatlined me, forcing me to take a day off work as I drove all over, trying to find a pharmacy that had the prescription meds my MD wanted me to take. If it got worse, she advised me to go to the ER because it could have been very serious.

Wanting to avoid the ER, I tried to find the meds. Found them, took them and promptly proceeded to hurl again, as I had for the past 24 hours, which is what happens when I have a bad case of acid reflux or I watch too much American Idol.

I'm better now. Sticking to the Cajun music, and letting only my characters in books taste those hot Cajun spices. Werewolves don't get heartburn. Only their authors do.

No comments: