Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Finished!

After working steadily for five days straight, happy that I had MLK day off from the day job, I finished the first draft of Navy Seal Nomad. Well, it's more of a polished first draft. Plan is to set it aside for two full days and then begin editing on Thursday, finishing Sunday, and then one final polish and off to my editor.

Very happy I managed to finish. This was an easier book to write than Cowboy Seal, probably because I had a simpler plot. Goal is to have much simpler plots in the future, and focus more on character development.

So I began working on NSN early December, and finished yesterday. That makes a total of 7 weeks it took me to write a 72,000 word book for a first draft. If not for the intense writing weekend I had in December, where I wrote 30,000 words in 4 days, I could not have done it.

I need to space myself and pace myself more.

No comments: