Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Goal made, sort of

I did make it to 60,000 on NSN this weekend, but my real goal was to get to 62,000 words. That plan was derailed on Friday when I learned of the tragic shooting at FLL. Since that is the airport I fly out of all the time, and the one friends and neighbors use, it truly affected me. I couldn't write anymore...I was too deeply shaken.

The rest of the weekend I did make some progress on the story. Plus I have a life, and I'm determined to have a life, so I wasn't at the keyboard all weekend. We had friends over Saturday night, and DH and I went to CS for dinner as well. Yesterday we took our beloved Holly for a very long walk at the park in the delightful 60 temps and looked for the nest of bald eagles at the park that our friend told us about. Last night we made a fire outside, and had another couple over for wine while toasting our toes before the fire... and it was a whooping 54 degrees. Ah, Florida life.

With the story, t am at the point now where I need to tie loose ends together. I really do like Nick and Shelby, and the setting of the story is part of the charm - a horse ranch in TN. I had wanted to travel there to research and write the story, but that wasn't in the cards last year.

I'm not sure what 2017 will hold as far as my writing career goes. Lots to think about and promo plans to try. I am putting the indie wolf series into two boxed sets with cool new covers. And releasing a story in March. One day at a time. My focus now is finishing the book!

I will be going to RWA in July. I did make that commitment. Not going on my local chapter's cruise... really had thought about it, but my conference budget is tight this year. RWA is accessible because I can drive. And after what happened Friday, I'm a little more leery of getting on a plane...domestically.

No comments: