Thursday, April 27, 2017

Oy, what a month

I shouldn't have written that Holly was doing well. That Thursday, her appetite started going south. For the past 2.5 weeks, it's been hell with her, taking her to the animal hospital three times, twice thru the ER, because she was NOT eating and we feared her kidney failure was growing worse. We finally took her in thru the ER April 17 and asked them to do X-rays and an ultrasound to see what else was going on...cancer? Heart disease? All tests negative. 

Her appetite has finally started to pick up again. Yay. After my much-deserved pedicure on Thursday, we went away for my birthday trip on Thursday afternoon, April 20th, to Ft. Myers Beach and the Flamingo Inn, a pet friendly hotel. Room 101 upstairs from the lobby. One block from the beach. Left to return home on Monday, April 21. Had a great time, relaxing, taking the dogs to the beach for sunset, visiting a couple we have known for 18 years who winter at Marco island, and just vegging. Holly loved going for long walks on the beach with DH.

And I wrote. I had gone into no writing mode when Holly fell ill. I can't focus when my poor dog is sick and I'm spending almost all my time trying to coax her into eating SOMETHING... it got pretty frantic. I would ask the pet sitter to give her the appetite stimulant at 11:30 and then rush home for lunch to try to get Holly to eat something. Gideon's book went on the sidelines. Everything did, mostly. 

So while we were in Ft. Myers, I had dragged along my warhorse of my pink Sony Vaio and my alpha smart and wrote. Gideon's book isn't finished, but I wrote about 4,000 words while we were gone. I would take the laptop outside to the little table on the porch, tie doggies up so they could sniff around, but not go too far, and write at the table. it was great.

I finally got back into writing. I'm so far behind on my schedule, but that happens. It's life.

My plan is to finish Gideon's book this weekend and then write the billionaire book due June 1. It's only 15,000 words, so that should be doable. I have a BookBub ad coming out May 4 for Mating Challenge, a real conquest to get one of those, and an ENT ad for the same book later next month. Amy is reformatting the file so much of the first chapter of the following book, The Mating Season, will appear, along with a purchase link. I really need those residual sales! Since the two books are so closely connected, hopefully I will get them. 




No comments: