Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Head desk kind of day

Hard to explain. One of those days. Issues at home, worried about the dog and her CRF and how we are supposed to go away next month (how are we supposed to relax if I am worried about the fluids and how Holly is going to eat?)

And leftover stuff from yesterday, from the person who is MIA that there is nothing anyone can do, to the fallout at HQ. And the editor who got the ax. It will affect me, in a distant way, because if I want to get a new contract for HQ, I will be competing against all those authors who are now homeless since their lines got cancelled. Five lines! Nocturne hit me the most... even though I saw the writing on the wall two years ago when they said that authors had to share a book. And distribution went downhill... the retailers didn't want the books. So if I had written for Nocturne, I could have been the bottom rung author and you could only find my book in B&N in paperback... even though my editor said I could write two books and have it to myself. Those books were so much FUN to write, but man, it took me a long time. I could barely churn out one a year working FT, with doing proposals and redoing them. 

Today was the ENT Book of the Day for Mating Challenge. I have tracked sales for MC through yesterday so I know how well the Book Bub did. I reasoned that anything sold today is because of the ENT ad. The sales rank dropped from 13,000 to 3,800, but it's nothing like what happened with the Book Bub. I'll tally the final results tomorrow. 


No comments: