Friday, June 30, 2017

Vacation was great

Stress levels are down after 10 days away. It was a lot of work to get all ready to leave, as I had to cut and bag ALL the meds for the dogs and they are on a LOT of meds. I bagged all the meds and sorted them out for each day,and labeled them as well to make it easier. I did this to give me peace of mind as much as to make it easier for the pet sitter. Our wonderful neighbor also gave Holly her fluids.

After the second day, I could relax.

I got BW done right before vacation, got new glasses, Frank took Cookie to the vet. We got a LOT done and I also followed up with the eye doctor. I'm putting drops in my eyes 2-3 times a day to keep them wet. I do believe, after our vacation, that my eye stress is caused by too much computer time and staring at a screen. So I'm also eating more bananas to help with my eyes.

Potassium.

My BW came back - all within normal limits. Woot! Glucose was a little high - 100 out of 65-99, but the A/C hemoglobin that shows diabetes was 5.5. Test ranges for pre-diabetes are 5.7 to 6.4. Over 6.4 is diabetic. Yay! BUN/Creatine was 28, normal is 23. I think I was dehydrated.

My EOS (white blood cell count) was a little high - 0.6 and normal is 0.4. Not sure if it's allergies.

Anyway, I went back to work yesterday and today. We got home Tuesday and I spent Wed doing laundry, at the beach with DH and out to lunch with DH and a good friend, having drinks.

It's a four day weekend,as the office is closed Monday and Tuesday. I only work at the office one day next week. Yay.

I have RWA to prepare for - but most of all, I need to return to the sweet contemporary I'm writing so it can be published late Sept.

No comments: